Friday, December 08, 2006

Post crash update

It has been a while since the last post because of a car crash and my 'cross season is finished. We were on our way back from racing at Bakersfield and were hit by someone running a red light and our car was totaled. We were a little banged up but we are recovering. The good news is that the bikes on the roof rack survived and will live to race again next season.

I have also been getting back to work on frames when I get a chance and have some photos of progress. Somehow I was convinced to build a frame with all stainless lugs (including the unbelievably difficult seat lug). The frame is nearly complete and I am working on polishing. My fingers hurt so much right now that I am taking the weekend off and will get back to it next week.







I added brass fillet to some Pacenti lugs that I have been working on. These will go on a track bike that I intend to have for the Handmade Bike Show in March. Brian Baylis was very encouraging and I appreciate his support. The fillets change the lines of the lugs and I can't wait to see how they look after paint. It will have a split fork crown and one piece handlebar stem combo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home